What have you been up to lately?

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects. NOTE: posts are removed automatically after 365 days.
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: 2022 What have you been up to lately?

Post by notFritzArgelander »

I've been dithering. Since I am retired I can no longer afford to throw money at problems or fun without very careful consideration. Gone are the days when I could buy a set of Naglers and sell them off because I didn't like the 82 degree fields and then go through the exercise a second time just because I doubted my first impressions. :lol:

So the trade offs I've been dithering about are:

1) the desire for a larger refractor in an ED doublet
2) the need to repair and/or remodel the Z12 to fix the focuser and possibly make more compact (it gave me a hernia) perhaps following the advice of @SkyHiker in viewtopic.php?t=19182&hilit=Z12
3) the desire for a heavier capacity goto GEM, maybe, if i decide i want a larger Cat.

my recent semi annual exams indicate, the hernia seems to have spontaneously healed itself and that i no longer have the pupil dilation advantages that i had enjoyed until recently. so with this information in hand....

1) get the frac: https://www.astronomics.com/astro-tech- ... ublet.html
2) i've decided to leave the Z12 as is but fix the focuser, keeping the low cost mods above in mind. the decreasing dilation means that aperture is looking more kingly to me than in the past.
3) after having a recent scare about the CG5 but have recovered it, defer the heavier mount
Last edited by notFritzArgelander on Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Lady Fraktor Slovakia

Post by Lady Fraktor »

The AT125 specification looks like it would be a top refractor nFA.
Good to hear about the better medical result as well. :)
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1000101)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Lady Fraktor wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:40 pm The AT125 specification looks like it would be a top refractor nFA.
My order has been shipped. So I'm expecting the weather to turn ugly. :clap: :naughty:

BTW I'm writing up two observing reports involving the Starbase eps, the MK66 and the AWB. More scattered light on planetary but I'm really liking the Kellner's for stellar DSOs, nebular contrast is not as good on fuzzies as the KKs which are a tad behind (but brighter than the BCOs). More details soon.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Lady Fraktor Slovakia

Post by Lady Fraktor »

notFritzArgelander wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:53 pm
Lady Fraktor wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:40 pm The AT125 specification looks like it would be a top refractor nFA.
My order has been shipped. So I'm expecting the weather to turn ugly. :clap: :naughty:

BTW I'm writing up two observing reports involving the Starbase eps, the MK66 and the AWB. More scattered light on planetary but I'm really liking the Kellner's for stellar DSOs, nebular contrast is not as good on fuzzies as the KKs which are a tad behind (but brighter than the BCOs). More details soon.
That sounds great, I am just finishing my last motocycle testing weekend of the year at the moment and afterwards will have extra time to write up something about the 105mm.
The new Brandon should be here Monday as well.
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1000101)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
SkyHiker United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by SkyHiker »

notFritzArgelander wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:55 pm 1) get the frac: https://www.astronomics.com/astro-tech- ... ublet.html
2) i've decided to leave the Z12 as is but fix the focuser, keeping the low cost mods above in mind. the decreasing dilation means that aperture is looking more kingly to me than in the past.
3) after having a recent scare about the CG5 but have recovered it, defer the heavier mount
That is a nice-looking refractor at an affordable price. I am sure you will like it.

The Z12 mod won't make it much lighter just more transportable. If you just use it at home and don't intend to take it elsewhere there is no point in cutting it up into a collapsible. This weekend I'll take it to an SBAU (my local astronomy club) all weekend campout at Lake Cachuma. Bringing a Dob is more social than doing high stress AP in some remote corner while everybody else is drinking and having fun.

If you have trouble moving the Z12 I recommend to either ditch it or try using a sling to walk it around. The trick is to keep the Z12 as close as possible to the body in an upright position yet walk hands free with it. I used an old judo belt wrapped around the Alt bearings and my shoulder, keeping the Z12 right up against my belly. Keep the body straight up and walk hands free. See if you can find a sling of about 2 to 3 meters long and try it.

But still, the balance between aperture and weight of a Z12 is a negative compared to a 10" Dob like the ole Coulter Odyssey that I gave away recently. Skywatcher has a nice collapsible 10" Dob for not too much money. A 10" is so much easier to deal with than a Z12, you should consider it.

I noticed though that my 20x80 SkyMasters are not much worse than my old 10" Dob. So how about replacing the Z12 with some nice 90 degree ED Apo binos? Should be super easy to move around for the long term, lots of light too. One time I looked though some large 45 degree Fujinons at the RTMC, it was the best viewing experience of all. If you can sell that Z12 maybe something to consider. In the long run the Z12 is a losing proposition unless you have a permanent setup.

If your CG5 is still working, it should be fine for your new frac.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

SkyHiker wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:29 pm
notFritzArgelander wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:55 pm 1) get the frac: https://www.astronomics.com/astro-tech- ... ublet.html
That is a nice-looking refractor at an affordable price. I am sure you will like it.

The Z12 mod won't make it much lighter just more transportable. If you just use it at home and don't intend to take it elsewhere there is no point in cutting it up into a collapsible. This weekend I'll take it to an SBAU (my local astronomy club) all weekend campout at Lake Cachuma. Bringing a Dob is more social than doing high stress AP in some remote corner while everybody else is drinking and having fun.

If you have trouble moving the Z12 I recommend to either ditch it or try using a sling to walk it around. The trick is to keep the Z12 as close as possible to the body in an upright position yet walk hands free with it. I used an old judo belt wrapped around the Alt bearings and my shoulder, keeping the Z12 right up against my belly. Keep the body straight up and walk hands free. See if you can find a sling of about 2 to 3 meters long and try it.

But still, the balance between aperture and weight of a Z12 is a negative compared to a 10" Dob like the ole Coulter Odyssey that I gave away recently. Skywatcher has a nice collapsible 10" Dob for not too much money. A 10" is so much easier to deal with than a Z12, you should consider it.

I noticed though that my 20x80 SkyMasters are not much worse than my old 10" Dob. So how about replacing the Z12 with some nice 90 degree ED Apo binos? Should be super easy to move around for the long term, lots of light too. One time I looked though some large 45 degree Fujinons at the RTMC, it was the best viewing experience of all. If you can sell that Z12 maybe something to consider. In the long run the Z12 is a losing proposition unless you have a permanent setup.

If your CG5 is still working, it should be fine for your new frac.
I’m thinking of moving the repaired Z12 as is to my grandsons place and maybe a collapsible 10” longer term so we’re in agreement. The temporary CG5 issue is solved so that’s all good for now. I’ve been looking for the longest time at binocular telescopes with changeable oculars and I suspect that at some point I’ll give into it.

Thanks again for the useful info.
pakarinen United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

Going to test out the stability of my 102ED with AZ5 on the RT90C tonight or tomorrow morning. Might try to catch some Orionids with my phone. Getting some buyers possibly interested in my TW-1 tripod. That's going to be pricy to ship though.
=============================================================================
Man... That's some icky-tasting stuff!
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
GCoyote United States of America

Post by GCoyote »

Caught a few Orionids last night while relaxed in a lounge chair and wrapped in a sleeping bag (temps were in the upper 30s last night)

One nice discovery, since I got new bifocals last month, I can pick out more objects without an instrument. It was the first time I've seen the Pleiades without binoculars in years.
Last edited by GCoyote on Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.
Gary C

Celestron Astro Master 130mm f5 Newtonian GEM
Meade 114-EQ-DH f7.9 Newtonian w/ manual GEM
Bushnell 90mm f13.9 Catadioptric
Gskyer 80mm f5 Alt/Az refractor
Jason 10x50 Binoculars
Celestron 7x50 Binoculars
Svbony 2.1x42 Binoculars
(And a bunch of stuff I'm still trying to fix or find parts for.)
Ylem Online United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

pakarinen wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:13 pm Going to test out the stability of my 102ED with AZ5 on the RT90C tonight or tomorrow morning. Might try to catch some Orionids with my phone. Getting some buyers possibly interested in my TW-1 tripod. That's going to be pricy to ship though.
Tripods and other long box items can be very pricey to ship.
About 15 years ago I sold an EQ2 for about $25, it cost me $38 to ship it.

It think it was UPS, they told me it was the shape of the box that added to the cost.
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

Ylem wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:40 pm Tripods and other long box items can be very pricey to ship.

It think it was UPS, they told me it was the shape of the box that added to the cost.
Yeah, I encountered that when I shipped my 475B tripod. It was estimated at about $25 by weight, which went up to about $50 b/c of the size of the box. I could sell it locally but it might take awhile to find a buyer - my old C8 languished for a couple of years. Or I could just donate it to my astro club's annual auction.
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
SkyHiker United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by SkyHiker »

Just got back from a weekend campout of the SBAU (Astronomical Unit) at Lake Cachuma. I figured AP would just put me in a desolate corner while the rest is all viewing, drinking and having fun, I decided to bring my collapsible-made Z12. Driving up on the hills the views were pretty hazy. Coming down on the other side I can't remember but in the end the skies were fantastic. When I noticed that there were two 18" Obsessions I decided there was no point in setting up a pitiful 12" and later on a 20" came in so I decided to not set up (a mistake!). Also, at first the weather did not look good, but it changed on a whim. The Milky Way was almost as good as the Bortle 0 at the Kaibab Lodge! Surprisingly, a simple 8" Orion Dob turned out very good views. Wider field than the 18" and 20" but very sharp and very nice. While everyone was coming in late and setting up in the dark, I enjoyed looking through other people's scopes so much that I did not set up myself.

The next day was to be spent either by taking the Lake Cachuma boat ride or, question mark. I had done that boat ride decades ago, so I opted for the Tequepis Trail that takes you up to the Camino Cielo ridge from where one can look down on the Pacific. This was an interesting trail that winds around a hilltop such that it shows views of the tremendous mountains on both sides, quite interesting, while leading to the top, and also fantastic views of Lake Cachuma. A beautiful trail that I will definitely do again at any future Lake Cahuma astro party. So, daytime boredom solved.

On Saturday night we had the partly catered potluck with the SBAU bigwigs just visiting for the night and dining with the Lake Cachuma naturalists. Very nice, it's meant to be a community experience and we did quite well between us and the frisbee golfers (I had never heard of that, but they are a bunch of freeloaders declaring our campsite a part of a world class competition course). It made it difficult to navigate through the "closed" signs for us and them, as the camp kiosks were closed while leaving up signs imploring all sorts of penalties if we would drive on. Oh well the only reasonable choice is to ignore authority and just drive on to get to the destination. Where it was declared that authorities don't check anything anymore, so anything goes.

Getting back to astronomy, I decided to set up despite the clouds. The views of the hills seemed very clear so there was a chance that things would clear up. I had some trouble but eventually managed to get everything right. Then I looked up and the clouds were all over. No surprise. They came and went all night until we got tired of it and packed up. Meanwhile I was struggling a bit with my DIY setting circles until I noticed that my cell phone Skeye had the location set to "Kaibab Lodge", which was the last place where I used it. After fixing that, finding objects improved quite a bit. But the clouds came and went so I did not get much beyond Jupiter (crystal clear), Saturn, M31, M45, M20. I tried the double cluster but that's where the clouds came in. Nicely, the clouds looked black against the sky, which is always a good sign. I have to say that the Z12 showed tremendously crisp views of the stars, so it is a great telescope. Next time I will set up ASAP because this is fun. The SBAU organizes this at least once a year.

Sunday morning, I made my own breakfast and did not wait for the cooks to wake up and get me the delicious pancake, eggs and bacon breakfast they fed me the day before (kudos to them). Those breakfasts are nice, but they can easily last until 11:30. So I went home to read the newspaper and watch Formula 1.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
OzEclipse Australia
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

pakarinen wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:02 pm
Ylem wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:40 pm Tripods and other long box items can be very pricey to ship.

Yeah, I encountered that when I shipped my 475B tripod. It was estimated at about $25 by weight, which went up to about $50 b/c of the size of the box. I could sell it locally but it might take awhile to find a buyer - my old C8 languished for a couple of years. Or I could just donate it to my astro club's annual auction.
I'm going to have my 475B buried with me.
Best thing I've ever bought, solid as a rock.
Joe
Amateur astronomer since 1978...................Web site : http://joe-cali.com/
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cameras : Pentax K1, K5, K01, K10D / VIDEO CAMS : TacosBD, Lihmsec.
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members), The Sky Searchers (moderator)
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

notFritzArgelander wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:55 pm I've been dithering. Since I am retired I can no longer afford to throw money at problems or fun without very careful consideration. Gone are the days when I could buy a set of Naglers and sell them off because I didn't like the 82 degree fields and then go through the exercise a second time just because I doubted my first impressions. :lol:

So the trade offs I've been dithering about are:

1) the desire for a larger refractor in an ED doublet
2) the need to repair and/or remodel the Z12 to fix the focuser and possibly make more compact (it gave me a hernia) perhaps following the advice of @SkyHiker in viewtopic.php?t=19182&hilit=Z12
3) the desire for a heavier capacity goto GEM, maybe, if i decide i want a larger Cat.

my recent semi annual exams indicate, the hernia seems to have spontaneously healed itself and that i no longer have the pupil dilation advantages that i had enjoyed until recently. so with this information in hand....

1) get the frac: https://www.astronomics.com/astro-tech- ... ublet.html
Delivery of the scope has happened. More later.

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

Ordered a WO RACI with helical focuser to experiment with.
GCoyote United States of America

Post by GCoyote »

Got the cover on the pool thus marking the non-official end of summer here.
Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.
Gary C

Celestron Astro Master 130mm f5 Newtonian GEM
Meade 114-EQ-DH f7.9 Newtonian w/ manual GEM
Bushnell 90mm f13.9 Catadioptric
Gskyer 80mm f5 Alt/Az refractor
Jason 10x50 Binoculars
Celestron 7x50 Binoculars
Svbony 2.1x42 Binoculars
(And a bunch of stuff I'm still trying to fix or find parts for.)

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

I just ordered a Stellarvue M2C mount. I'm a little leery b/c it doesn't have slo-mo, but all the comments I've read say slo-mo is not needed on this puppy. And there's an encoder kit available for it. Oh well, the money was just sitting in my PayPal with nowhere to go, so why not? :grin:
Now to sell my AZ5 and my ScopeTech Zero and ... :lol:
a100171 United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by a100171 »

Spent more than a little time fixing the backhoe. Among learning how to rebuild hydraulic cylinders, and messing with diesel fuel systems, and learning how to weld, I managed to get the beast running well and got a "thumb" mounted so that I could more effectively move/stack tree trunks and boulders.

I was ready to really rock and get the back yard all cleared and ready to put my observatory in (finally) when the reverser (transmission) went on me. Spent more than a few weeks getting it removed, rebuilt, and reinstalled. This is a full-sized industrial backhoe, not a typical home machine. Not easy when you have little upper-body strength and a bum shoulder. Being officially ancient now, things do not work as well as they used to.

Managed to get a few more stumps out today, and a few boulders moved to the perimeter. And now I am spent!

Trying to figure out the exact location to put the observatory so I can dig the underground utilities and pour the pier before winter sets in. It is looking like I need to land a couple more 100-footers (pine trees) to be safe, and I am hoping to get a few loads of fill delivered so that I can at least have the observatory area all set. Everything now (hopefully) is about time.The race is on!

Very jealous of the observatory projects I have seen.
Meade 6", 8", and 10" SN, Meade 10" f/6.3 Lx200, ES ES-102, Meade 90mm DS-2000, Celestron CPC-800 HD, Celestron , AVX, CGEM-DX, Twilight I mounts. Omegon 2.1x 41mm Binocs.
Hyperstar for EdgeHD, ZWO and Celestron Nightscape CCD. A fully-functional Meade 12" RCX-400.
Nakedgun United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Nakedgun »

a100171 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:25 am Spent more than a little time fixing the backhoe. Among learning how to rebuild hydraulic cylinders, and messing with diesel fuel systems, and learning how to weld, I managed to get the beast running well and got a "thumb" mounted so that I could more effectively move/stack tree trunks and boulders.

I was ready to really rock and get the back yard all cleared and ready to put my observatory in (finally) when the reverser (transmission) went on me. Spent more than a few weeks getting it removed, rebuilt, and reinstalled. This is a full-sized industrial backhoe, not a typical home machine. Not easy when you have little upper-body strength and a bum shoulder. Being officially ancient now, things do not work as well as they used to.

Managed to get a few more stumps out today, and a few boulders moved to the perimeter. And now I am spent!

Trying to figure out the exact location to put the observatory so I can dig the underground utilities and pour the pier before winter sets in. It is looking like I need to land a couple more 100-footers (pine trees) to be safe, and I am hoping to get a few loads of fill delivered so that I can at least have the observatory area all set. Everything now (hopefully) is about time.The race is on!

Very jealous of the observatory projects I have seen.

~
Project photos would be a welcome addition to your posts.

"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
KingNothing13 Online United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KingNothing13 »

My eye-doc gave me a reminder that I am getting old - pushing 50 ;) and I am now wearing bi-focal glasses.

He also decided to under-correct one of my contact lenses to help compensate there, as bi-focal contacts are - not good from what I understand.

The glasses are tough to get used to.
-- Brett

Scope: Apertura AD10 with Nexus II with 8192/716000 Step Encoders
EPs: ES 82* 18mm, 11mm, 6.7mm; GSO 30mm
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars
List Counts: Messier: 75; Herschel 400: 30; Caldwell: 12; AL Carbon Star List: 16
Brett's Carbon Star Hunt

Ylem Online United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Cleaning up the fish tank, and picked up a few Plecos (Algae eaters) to help keep it clean.

Itching to do some solar, but still raining :(
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D