Solar Jelly Fishing 1|15|24

Post your solar images here.
StarHugger United States of America
Articles: 0

Solar Jelly Fishing 1|15|24

Post by StarHugger »

Todays experiments from StarHuggers Solar Kitchen were not at all meant to generate any content for TSS...

But,

During testing of my new svbony 30mm and one of my quarks and while imaging through the dirty thermopaynes something flashed through the frames so quick at an upward angle that all I seen was a flash, and exposing at 2ms with no bottlenecks I managed to capture 8 frames with the target in Question 🛸

This thing was hauling the mail and straight up almost it went...

Couldent even get the gif generator to make it go that fast.

I thought it was an aircraft of some sort, so I left it on the drive to check later 🤣 and boy oh boy what a transit it was...

Hope you like it, whatever it is 😆

I'm sure though this gif is going to get around for some attention and as it should, oddly I was just saying to my daughter the other day it would only be a matter of time before someone caught one of these things going in front of Old Sol...If they're real that is...

Best of luck Everyone, Of Course!

Two speeds, one slow the other faster but still well below the speed of the objects actual transit...Click on the Images to play.
Attachments
2024-01-15_StarHuggers_Jellyfish_UFO.gif
2024-01-15_StarHuggers_Jellyfish_UFO2.gif
Last edited by StarHugger on Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aaron / thestarhugger@gmail.com / Solar Kitchen Observatory / USA...

Small Bore Multiple Wavelength Experimental Solar Imaging, Filtering, SEAA & Visual Observation
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Solar Jelly Fishing 1|15|24

Post by Thefatkitty »

Nice capture Aaron, and no UFO's there, just a really fast-moving bird with its wings tucked in. I've caught a few of these over the years as well; this is a span of 0.3 seconds:

Image04.jpg
Image10.jpg
Image14.jpg

Right place at the right time for sure! Glad you got some Sol today, clouds and cold here... :D

All the best,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
🇨🇦Member of the RASC
messier 111 Canada

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

:lol: nice grab , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:

Post by StarHugger »

Thefatkitty wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:36 am Nice capture Aaron, and no UFO's there, just a really fast-moving bird with its wings tucked in. I've caught a few of these over the years as well; this is a span of 0.3 seconds:

Image04.jpgImage10.jpgImage14.jpg

Dident know they could go almost vertical with wings tucked,

Freaky bird indeed.

There are 18ms total elapsed time and 9 frames in the gif...

Right place at the right time for sure! Glad you got some Sol today, clouds and cold here... :D

All the best,
Had some fun with it and the kids today, was a bit of Sun but thinly veiled with cloud and frost.

Small Bore Multiple Wavelength Experimental Solar Imaging, Filtering, SEAA & Visual Observation
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Thefatkitty »

My apologies Aaron, I didn't realize the "pics" were videos; I thought they were just single shots... :doh: Been a long day here. Yeah, that is odd for sure; sorry for thinking it was a bird!

Could it be a helicopter?
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
🇨🇦Member of the RASC

Post by StarHugger »

Thefatkitty wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:12 am My apologies Aaron, I didn't realize the "pics" were videos; I thought they were just single shots... :doh: Been a long day here. Yeah, that is odd for sure; sorry for thinking it was a bird!

Could it be a helicopter?
Would love to capture a copter wow that would be a rare Solar shot.

Prop driven stuff you usually see the still prop effect like in My Avitar, I too am puzzled with this one. I see alot of birds and well 🙄

It's my first unkown transit I guess...
Last edited by StarHugger on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by StarHugger »

😂 I had it upside down, its a bird of prey of some sort...Wings tucked lol...

Too funny...
Attachments
20240115170842Ch.jpg

Post by StarHugger »

So here it is anyhow,

My plan for capturing H alpha disks and to eventually ride side saddle with the ed80 this season.

The cameras m42 to 1.25 adapter I"m using is a bit too small and being shoved to one side so messing up the f14 alignment with the sensor.

Fished up a different one and installed it tonight so tomorrow maybe I'll know if it works/Sun willing.

Using a 30mm .8xr set for critical sampling at f14 with the 385mc and an externally mounted ir uv cut.

If I do get this contraption working, you will all be the first to know. Indeed...
Attachments
IMG_20240115_230713975.jpg
IMG_20240115_230756578.jpg