Using the Dwarf II with my AOTG group

Area for posting image captures using Electronically Assisted Astronomy (EAA).
Greenman Great Britain
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Using the Dwarf II with my AOTG group

Post by Greenman »

I run a monthly Astronomy group (Astronomy on the Green) once a month in our Village hall. With the weather in my part of the UK, there have been a few occasions when I could run stacked observations.

Even so, the enthusiasm from attendees has been great; people have been blown away by seeing Jupiter and its Galilean moons, M31 and M42. It is encouraging to see the excitement that a simple smart scope can engender in a group. Now, with the revised App and the improvements to my setup, I look forward to running more outward-bound events in the Village this year.

I have some recent images both unprocessed and processed I will post from the Dwarf later this week. My new tripod and ball head make polar alignment possible (once you get the knack) allowing for longer exposures with little or no frame rotation. A neat trick from the lower-cost smart scope option.
Cheers,

Tony.

Smart Scope: Dwarf II - Club and outreach work.

AP Refractor: Altair 72EDF Deluxe F6;1x & 0.8 Flatteners; Antares Versascope 60mm finder. ASIAir Pro.Li battery pack for grab & go.

Celestron AVX Mount; X-cel LX eyepieces & Barlows 2x 3x, ZWO 2” Filter holder,

Cameras: main DSO ASI533MC; DSO guide ASI120MM; Planetary ASI224MC; DSLR Canon EOS100 stock.

Filters: Astronomik IR cut; Optolong L-Pro; Optolong L-Enhance.

Binoculars: Celestron 15 x 70.

Latitude: 52.219853
Longitude: -1.034471
Accuracy: 5 m
Bortle 4 site. https://maps.google.com/?q=52.21985,-1.03447

Bigzmey Online United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Using the Dwarf II with my AOTG group

Post by Bigzmey »

That's great, Tony! One first inexpensive EAA all in one models started to appear, I thought they could be a nice tool for outreach or even serve as a first scope for folks getting into the hobby. Your experience is a good example of that.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Delos, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3122 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2196, S110: 77). Doubles: 2461, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 261
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: Using the Dwarf II with my AOTG group

Post by Graeme1858 »

Excellent outreach Tony.

Looking forward to seeing your Dwarf II EAA images.

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/